WHAT???? Me??? But I don’t even know what I’m doing? I’ll take it and say thank you Marianne from Style for Living
!!! Marianne is a designer living in Washington State. I love her blog and she has the two cutest dogs ever….. besides mine of course 🙂
So the deal with this award is that I have to list 7 things about me. That seems weird…. using an uneven number? Why not 10 or 5? Short answers or paragraphs? I guess random? Oh well, I am just going to go with it because I am sure they are not going to change the rules this late in the game.
1. If somebody gives me the choice of where I want to vacation it will always be the beach…….I absolutely love the sound of the ocean and when I was young all of our family vacations were at the beach in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Those are my best memories. Hands down.
2. I love to read but can’t seem to find a lot of time to do it. The best book I have read lately was by Kelly Corrigan: The Middle Place. It is a memoir about her father and their relationship. I absolutely loved it and it was one of those books that I didn’t want to finish….I just wanted it to go on and on.
3. I was a flight attendant for 20 years. Yep…sky whore….sky goddess….whichever! I have to say those were some of the best years of my life. I was young and carefree and all I did was travel. Now I am afraid to get on an airplane. Go figure.
1972. My uniform. Hot pants. Yeah…you read that right.
4. There is nothing I like better than to laugh. I will say I have a small, tiny mean streak in me. I laugh when people fall. Oh I wait until I make sure they are OK…but the second I see that 911 does not have to be called I break out into full open mouth hysterics. I am talking pee in your pants laughter. I have this friend Maria…..well…..she falls all the time. That is another whole post in itself.
That is Maria on the left. I bet she will be pissed that I threw her under the bus like that 🙂
5. I have been teaching fitness classes for about 30 years. Yep. Even back when they wore leg warmers and headbands a la Jane Fonda. It wasn’t pretty.
check out that kinky hair!!! you can’t see the leg warmers in this pic but I know I had them on.
6. I am the oldest of 4 [2 sisters and a brother]. Both of my parents are gone. That was sad. My family means everything to me. There is absolutely nothing that I wouldn’t do for them. I am so proud of all of their accomplishments.
7. I. Love. Design. I eat, sleep, and breath it. I want to knock on doors and tell people “go away for 2 days and when you come back your house will look so good you will wonder how you lived there before”. I don’t mean that in a mean or “I am the best” way…just in a way that I really love to tweak, fluff, and style what they have. Seriously, when I was a kid and played with Barbie, which by the way I was the first girl on my block to have, I was always redecorating her crib. I loved Barbie and was sad when I was 18 or 25 and my Mom pried her out of my hands and said “you will never have any boyfriends if you don’t stop playing with that dang doll”. She was a realist. And…she didn’t mince words.
So now I have to pass this along to 7 others bloggers.
Naomi at Design Manifest
Stephanie at Little Shop
Allison at Life in the Semi-Fab-Lane
Lissa at After Adornment
Ashley at An Inviting Abode
Kathy at My Interior Life
Nicole at Design Blooms
Lou Cinda at Tattered Hydrangeas
If any of you guys have already participated then sue me. Do it again. I am sure there are 7 more things we can learn about you. I tried to google Stylish Blogger Award to find out about the whole gig like where it came from….. but nothing. Where is the list of who has done it and who hasn’t.
Hey it’s an award….I don’t get many of those so I’m in.
Pictures of Scotts coming soon! It was so fun this month.